There are so many ways to leverage your membership with CKCA. From savings to greater brand strength, we connect you to programs and services that can put money back in your pocket while strengthening your business overall. For full details of click here.
Below is a sampling of some of our programs.
CKCA Medical Benefit Program
We created a plan for our members so you’ve got options!
Keeping skilled workers is tough in a competitive market. Offering medical benefits is a value add for attracting and keeping good talent, but that can be costly.
How does this sound?
- Unlimited drug coverage.
- Save money and get comprehensive coverage.
- Preferred Pharmacy Network with Costco
- Access to brand name medications at the generic product rate.
Sound too good to be true? It’s not! This is THE opportunity for you to offer a great benefits package to your employees for a reasonable rate. Why are we getting such amazing rates? Because we pooled together to leverage our volume. You no longer have to be alone in dealing with benefits. We’re looking out for all our members.
Got a special relationship with your broker? Don’t worry, we’ll work with them after all your broker should be interested in a program that gives you more for a better price right?
We can do a comparison of our plan to your existing plan and show you the difference.
Can our program be a better option? You won’t know unless you ask. Contact us today – it costs nothing to find out!
“ We had an anticipated savings of $80,000 in 2019. We moved from an ASO plan and were unsure of how a more restricted plan would work for our 280 employees. The transition was painless. The Ingenious team was well organized and on top of everything, including getting us transitioned in the middle of a pandemic. There was enough flexibility to make a few minor benefit adjustments for our plan. The benefits that we are now able to provide are better than before.”
– Marion Fitzpatrick, Manage HR, Frendel Kitchens, ON
“As a small shop, accessing good rates for medical benefits coverage can be challenging, however, through CKCA, we were able to obtain better coverage at a more affordable cost. Being able to provide this improved benefit package gives us the upper hand when it comes to recruiting and retaining good employees. I would highly recommend any company take a look and consider what CKCA has to offer – regardless the company size.”
– Gerald Van Woudenberg, Owner, Van Arbour Design, BC
WOODsure Insurance Protection
Wood manufacturing is becoming more difficult to insure – are you sure you’re getting the best coverage and rating for your wood business?
CKCA Members are invited to consider switching to WOODsure Insurance Protection because:
- WOODsure understands your business with over 25 years of supporting companies in the Wood Industry by offering competitive solutions
- WOODsure can assess you properly because they have a rating system for woodworkers
- 10-20% premium discounts (CKCA members only) – Subject to Market Conditions
- WOODsure comes to your shop, offers sound advice to mitigate risk
- WOODsure is more than insurance, it’s peace of mind!
Here’s what one member said:
“Firstly they have knowledge of our industry which makes the experience totally different… I have been impressed with the thoroughness of their process, their intimate knowledge of the woodworking/manufacturing industry and their tailor-made insurance for that. On top of all that, they came in at a competitive cost to what we had previously been paying with better coverage (in our case it was less).”
– Gerald Van Woudenberg, President, Van Arbour Design, BC
WOODsure is the ONLY Wood Insurance Program in Canada and is offered by CORE Canada Insurance Solutions Inc., a National Broker with a wide range of Commercial Insurance Solutions.
Mark’s Work Wearhouse
Discount for you and all your staff at mark’s work warehouse – 10% on all products! Cards are mailed to members (cards have an expiry date listed – can be used multiple times).
Did you know Mark’s has a footwear program? Mark’s Commercial supplies thousands of businesses across Canada with compliant industrial workwear, footwear, PPE as well as branded uniforms and apparel. Outfit your crew from head to toe through bulk wholesale programs that send you the right products to the right place at the right time.
Contact Mark Remington, Small Business Group, Mark’s Commercial
Please identify yourself as a member of CKCA to Mark.
Canadian Federation of Independent Business
By working together, we are able to provide all eligible* CKCA members with combined access to the business assistance, savings programs and independent business advocacy provided by CKCA and CFIB. To hear a pre-recorded webinar on CFIB benefits, click here.
This partnership adds strength to the voice of the independent business owner in Canada and brings many more business advantages for CKCA members.
Benefits for CKCA members include:
- One convenient member fee that gives members access to two organizations focused on the sustainability of independent business in Canada.
- Employee savings programs and medical benefits programs
- Proactive lobbying at all three levels of government
- Significant business savings on payment processing, accounting software, insurance, payroll processing, courier shipping and more!
- Online business training courses and webinars for both employers and employees
- Access to CFIB Business Counsellors and advice in every province
CKCA Past-President, Mike Slobodian, Decor Cabinets, says:
“The strategic partnership between the CKCA and CFIB allows us to bring increased value to our membership by adding CFIB’s entire list of tools, resources, programs and advocacy to the CKCA’s member services. The CFIB also offers help and support in many areas of business development that our members can leverage for future growth. Combining memberships under the CKCA banner and eliminating the CFIB dues for CKCA members just makes sense.”
The Brick (Commercial Division) can help you build customer loyalty.
Give your clients access to the Brick’s Preferred Pricing Program.
- Access the commercial division where a wide range of appliances, including high end such as Sub-Zero, Wolfe are available as well as Maytag, KitchenAid, GE, Bosch and more
- The Brick also sells furniture, mattresses, electronics and will ship across Canada including locations other suppliers won’t go!
- Give clients something extra, set yourself apart from the competition.
Let us know how many customer cards you need. Contact us.
Healthy staff are our greatest resource. Now you can offer your staff a significant corporate discount.
Available to you, your staff and their families.
Have more questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
CM&E – Access their member programs
Manufacturing is not just about cars! CKCA has partnered with CM&E to bring the voice of the wood industry to CM&E’s Canadian Manufacturing Coalition. CKCA members have access to CM&E programs and services plus CKCA speaks up on behalf of our industry at coalition meetings.