- This event has passed.
Industrial Wood Finish Course – Register Now
January 7, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Register Now, Space is Limited!!
Use CKCAs special code for a 10% discount (members only)
UBC – Online Certificate in Industrial Wood Finishing
A unique Industry Training Program
- Part-time online training program with a one-week hands-on practical session.
- North Americas most comprehensive wood finishing certificate program.
- The certificate program provides participants with a broad understanding of the field of wood finishing. Its designed for individuals who have some general experience in wood finishing and would like to expand their knowledge.
Once completed, learners will have knowledge and experience to do the following:
- Understand why finish is applied to wood and how wood properties affect finishing
- To be able to identify the best finishing system based on the end use
- Trouble-shoot wood finishing problems
- Design a safe and efficient finishing facility
Course Registration (remember to use the CKCA code to receive a discount)
This course will provide you with the knowledge and tools to start a finishing business or to improve an existing one.
Starts January 7, 2019 April 5, 2019
One week intensive practical April 1-5, 2019
The Industrial Wood Finishing Certificate is the only online finishing certificate program in North America. We have been teaching this course for over 15 years. Its a combination of 3 months of practical online learning followed by a 5-day intensive hands-on practical session.
Dr. Phil Evans is a Professor in UBCs Faculty of Forestry. He has taught wood science and wood utilization in universities in the UK , Australia and North America for more than twenty years, and his research has focused on wood surface properties and the development of methods to enhance the aesthetics and durability of finishes on wood for both interior and exterior applications.
Tel: 604 822-0082
Jason Chiu, B.Sc
UBC Centre for Advanced Wood Processing
2939 2424 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC Canada V6T 1Z4
Tel: 604 822-0082 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org