There are lots of reasons to buy Canadian built kitchen cabinets. Not only is our industry filled with talented, skilled workers, there is a great sense of pride and accomplishment in we do.
Creating beautiful spaces where people live is at the heart of what motivates manufacturers of kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanities. But it’s more than that. Many of CKCA’s members build a wide range of products from closets, to living room to mudroom and hallway cabinets.
So don’t just think to work with one of our members for your kitchen, consider working with them for all your projects. But most importantly, shop Canadian built and here’s why…
- Canada is innovative and our manufacturers follow latest trends to bring you the most current European designs without having to pay higher prices to bring product from Europe.
- Canada uses the same construction methods as Europe.
- Get access to customized work that fits your space, why compromise with annoying gaps or tight spaces that aren’t funtional?
- We’re a Canadian industry that understands the unique needs of Canadian consumers.
- Our industry is focused and specialized on both design and build, you’re not just getting cupboards, you’re getting industry experts who understand the Canadian climate and our unique needs like very functional mudrooms for all those winter boots!
- Canada is well respected world-wide for its wood crafting, we are excellent cabinetmakers!
- CKCA members may carry the only Canadian kitchen cabinet manufacturing certification in Canada, this credential gives the consumer a level of quality assurance you cannot get anywhere else (please click here for a list of certified CKCA member manufacturers).
- Support the local Canadian Economy – employ local people and support local businesses.
- Avoid the hidden extra costs of duties and import fees.
- Quality lead times – reduced wait time caused by shipments from overseas, helps local sales service
- Local after sales service, ease of warranty issue dilemmas.
- Our products meet Canada’s Health and Safety standards due to the high regulation of our industry as a result our products keep us all safe.
- Direct impact on our economy in positive ways, every dollar that is spent in Canada buying Canadian products has a ripple effect. We contribute to the large tax revenue base that helps fund our government programs.
- You help to create and support manufacturing jobs in Canada which in turn provides more workers who will pay taxes, spend money buying other goods and services that maintains a healthy Canadian economy, nationally, provincially and locally.
- You help reduce the carbon footprint when you buy a Canadian Cabinet. Far less transportation costs.
- Melamine used in cabinet construction meets or exceeds the HUD Standards for emissions.
- Water based finishes help to reduce our VOC’s and helps protect our environment.
- Our workers are paid and treated fairly, work in a safe and sanitary environments.
- Canadian kitchen companies meet and/or exceed high employment standards.
- Buying Canadian is patriotic and makes you feel good that your consumer dollars are going to fellow Canadians and keeping our economy strong.