ANNOUNCEMENT (Click here for PDF version)
June 15, 2023
CKCA members elect 2023/2024 Board of Directors
The Canadian Kitchen Cabinet Association held their 2023 Annual Meeting on Thursday, June 15 at 2pm (ET) via Zoom.
Members voted to elect two Directors from a list of five candidates for positions on the CKCA Board of Directors for 2023/2024. We are pleased to advise that:
- Luke Elias, Muskoka Cabinet Company
- Chris Havey, CNC Automation
were elected by the CKCA membership. Luke Elias has already served on the CKCA Board for one term (2020-2023) and Chris Havey is joining the Board this year. Both will serve on the Board for a three year term 2023 – 2026.
Immediately following the AGM, the newly elected Board then re-appointed the Executive Officers.
- Pete Fournier, Triangle Kitchen (President)
- Amrita Bhogal, Sunrise Kitchens (Vice-President)
- James Dewinetz, Pacific Rim Cabinets (Treasurer)
- Heidi Boudreault, Denca Cabinets (Past-President)
- Sandra Wood, CKCA Staff (Secretary)
- Trevor Chaulk, Chaulk Woodworking (continuing their term)
- Craig Atkinson, Marathon Hardware (continuing their term)
- Joerg Brauns, Cyncly (continuing their term)
- Giuseppe Castrucci, Laurysen Kitchens (continuing their term)
- Earl Ducharme, Hafele Canada (continuing their term)
- Luke Elias, Muskoka Cabinet Company (elected for a second term 2023)
- Varun Gajendran, Lucvaa Kitchens (continuing their term)
- Chris Havey, CNC Automation (elected for a first term 2023)
- Gerald Van Woudenberg, Van Arbour Design (continuing their term)
CKCA would also like to acknowledge and sincerely thank departing Board member Wes Love of Taurus Craco who served on the Board from 2010-2017 and then returned to the Board in 2020. Wes has been a steadfast contributor to CKCA and we are extremely grateful for his contributions to moving CKCA forward.
Link to Board members photos and bios can be found here.
CKCA President, Pete Fournier says:
“CKCA is pleased to have received so many excellent candidates for the two positions that became open on the Board this year. We heard repeatedly from members that the choice was difficult to make. We congratulate the two elected Board members, Luke Elias and Chris Havey and we would also like to sincerely thank Wes Love for his tremendous contributions to the Board. The interest we received from members through the election process tells us that the work we are doing is valued. The industry is evolving, and it is important we have strong leadership to help guide the organization and ensure it remains relevant and nimble to the changes we face. CKCA is an industry tool and a national voice that strives to create opportunities for the Canadian kitchen cabinet industry. The CKCA Board of Directors are volunteers representing a wide range of companies across Canada who manufacture or supply to the kitchen cabinet industry. We look forward to another productive year.”
The CKCA National Forum will be held September 28 – September 30 in Moncton, NB. Registration opens end June.
CKCA established in 1968, is a national trade association representing the kitchen cabinet industry in Canada. CKCA works to inspire progress and innovation in the industry, by promoting excellence, facilitating continuous improvement and working to ensure high standards for design and manufacturing are upheld
If you have any questions please contact Sandra Wood, CKCA Executive Director at 613-493-5858 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.