Walk through a kitchen cabinet manufacturing company in Canada these days and you will see a diverse range of jobs.
Everything from design to engineering to woodworking and management. There’s something for everyone.
So why consider working in our sector? There’s lots of great reasons to get in to our industry. Most people you talk to who have been in the industry a long time will tell you that they love it and it’s why they stayed. But we know there has to be other reasons to enter this industry so here’s some of the top reasons:
- Regular working hours to balance with friends and family
- Lots of employment opportunities
- Essential industry, everyone has a kitchen! (our industry kept very busy through Covid-19)
- Make a difference in people’s lives by designing and building beautiful spaces where people live and work
- Wide range of jobs to choose from within the industry
- High School or College level apprenticeships
- NO large student debt
- Career Advancement to work your way up in the business
- More independent to be able to fix things and have the confidence to do it
- Option to work with your hands and create – the skies the limit!
- Lots of tech, software/robotics etc.
- Great working environment, part of a team
- Canadian industry, manufacturing a Canadian product and being proud to do so
- Good for environment – Wood is a sustainable product
- Men and women are in this industry – women make great woodworkers!
- Own your own business – be your own boss!