Cutler Kitchen and Bath has been proudly serving Canadians for more than 40 years. With deep experience in creating and producing modern, and stylish, kitchen and bathroom cabinetry, we source high quality raw materials to manufacture products that help people to enhance their living space. As we plan to double our current production output, and introduce new technology and innovation in both the production and customer-facing portions of our business, we are looking for a talented individual to be our Production Director.
What you will do:
- Ensure operations are running smoothly; your primary objective is to ensure the smooth operation of the production unit to achieve performance targets and ongoing improvements in delivery quality and cost while always making health and safety your top priority. You will oversee all production planning and control (PPC) including cutting, drilling, assembly and shipping together with the related quality control and maintenance functions. You will do this by working with the team to manage a reliable production schedule, and fostering a culture in the plant where all ~140 employees are aligned towards excellence. With your full understanding of running production operations for a business of our size, product complexity and range of skus, you will provide dependability in our operations.
- Continuously improve PPC; you will proactively look for ways to improve every element of our business. This would include implementing LEAN/six sigma thinking and focus on automation. You will understand how to use current budgets and resources to improve the areas that will have the biggest impact on efficiency and achieving targets. Moving us closer to short cycle production, you will manage lead times and coordinate resources to be in line with this methodology.
- Focus on the team; you understand the value of getting work done through others. You create a good working environment where the team feels empowered to solve problems and be innovative in their thinking. You inspire people to be solutions-oriented, open to change and able to leverage new tools, technology and machinery.
- Foster productive collaboration across departments; you will work closely with each department in the organization to better inform your production planning and ensure they have the information required to be successful in their roles. You’ll work closely with the sales department, as well as a cost accountant and supply chain manager. Together you will be able to facilitate innovation and excellence by understanding capacity and quality constraints, as well as human capital requirements in terms of training and upskilling of the workforce.
- Drive us towards innovation; you will work to help us as we disrupt the industry through technology that changes how we manufacture, market and sell our products.
Who you are:
- Experienced but flexible in your ways; you have successfully managed plant production operations before in discrete manufacturing. You are able to roll-up your sleeves and actively participate in any area that requires your help. While you have a deep level of experience, you also know that manufacturing is constantly changing and you want to remain innovative. You have a spirit of change and are excited about working towards industry 4.0.
- A team leader and exceptional communicator; you can work with and communicate effectively with divisional heads of Supply Chain, Finance, Customer Service and the COO. You understand how to quickly build trust with your team and manage a group of managers that lead the operation to success. You can inspire others to change and are willing to work alongside people to help them problem-solve and be innovative in how they do their jobs.
- Solutions-focused; you can identify ways to improve the business and then get right to work ensuring the solutions needed are put into place. You don’t let constraints limit your ability to achieve the end goal and you have a history of moving through hurdles to achieve difficult goals and achieving results.
- Experience with relevant manufacturing systems and methodologies; you have experience in ERP implementation and have worked with Microsoft Dynamics/SAP or other similar ERP systems. You have experience implementing and working with lean/six sigma/agile methodologies and can share examples of how you’ve used them at previous workplaces.
Why Work with Us?
Cutler Kitchen and Bath is committed to excellence and innovation. We are on a mission to disrupt the industry at every level of the business. You will be working with a team of exceptionally committed and talented partners who want to see you succeed. You will be a part of the decision making team in shaping the future of the company.
In addition to a competitive salary ($125-$140k) and benefits package, Cutler Kitchen and Bath provides three weeks of vacation and a performance based bonus plan. We currently work out of one location in Woodbridge, ON just north of Toronto.
We are a respectful workplace committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce. We believe in fostering an inclusive work environment where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.
Please go to indeed following this link to apply for the role. We are a respectful workplace committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce. We believe in fostering an inclusive work environment where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.
We look forward to hearing from you!